PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER TRAINER – MSDT
WANT TO EXPAND YOUR TRAINNING AND BECOME A PADI MSDT?
Add to your IDC PADI Specialty Instructor training and Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) Internship. The Scuba Diving industry is growing fast and hence more competition. If you have attained your MSDT accreditation and can teach specialties you would more desirable qualities for any Dive Center which you seek employment – this will set you apart from other Dive Instructors. The MSDT also shows that you have educated yourself and now have the ultimate recreational diver training and that you can offer all the training that a diver needs.
The PADI Specialty Instructor Course includes a review of standards, course content and marketing, plus dives. You will also give a presentation either in classroom or in water from the Specialty. We will also help you with putting together a resume and looking up employment. The PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer Internship includes training in 5 PADI Specialty Instructor courses, resume workshops, Marine Resource Management seminar, Oxygen Provider Instructor and assisting experienced instructors on courses to build your experience a and certifications.
PADI Instructor Specialties courses offered:
- Marine Resource Management
- Deep Diver
- Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air
- Gas Blender – additional cost
- Equipment Specialist
- Underwater Naturalist
- Fish Identification
- Shark AWAREness
- Search and Recovery
- Underwater Navigator
- Multilevel and Computer
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Underwater Videography – additional cost
- Sidemount – additional cost
- Wreck Diver
Deep Blue Dive Seafari along with Dive Carriers offers you to stay after your IDC to be able to develop your confidence and experience by assisting our experienced instructors. You will learn more about the whole dive operation, and get your first certifications here with us in El Nido.
COURSE PREREQUITES FOR PADI SPECIALTY INSTRUCTOR AND MSDT
- Oxygen provider and digital Underwater photography instructor is PADI Divemaster
- All other PADI Specialty Instructor ratings, for certification and teaching status, need PADI Instructor status. Sidemount, Enriched Air and gas Blender require basic specialty diver training.
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer certification requires certification in 5 PADI Specialty Instructor ratings and must have a minimum of 25 certifications. You may begin your Internship right after your IDC.
COURSE DURATION AND STRUCTURE FOR PADI SPECIALTY INSTRUCTOR AND MSDT
- Most PADI Specialty Instructor courses can be completed in one day. They include classrooms presentations and some dives
- During the IDC we incorporate 2 half days for Enriched Air Instructor Training , two days for Oxygen provider Instructor training and half day seminar on Marine Resource Management.
- MSDT Prep is an additional 3 days after the Instructor Exam.
- The MSDT Internship, where you assist instructors to develop real life experience can be conducted in as little as 15 days, but we suggest 30 days or more.
PADI IDC STAFF INSTRUCTOR COURSE
PADI IDC Staff course is a great career move and a step up in the ladder on the way to Master Instructor and PADI Course Director. IDC Staff Instructors assist a Course Director with instructor’s training and can teach Assistant Instructors Courses. Taking the IDC Staff Instructor course provides you with in-depth knowledge of the instructor development process and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI Professionals.
Prerequisite for this course is the qualification of MSDT. In this course you will be assessed for your instructor-level knowledge of the dive theory – you did already in your IDC and you have had hands experience by teaching courses in all levels, but there could be some topics that need to be refreshed and discussed. The IDC staff runs concurrently with the IDC and a great way to renew your classroom presentation techniques.
Topics and practical include:
- Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum
- How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counseling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
Plus, you’ll get to audit an IDC or practice teaching many curriculum components.